Thursday, October 05, 2006

Requiem

I wrote some music today.

I composed my thoughts in notes,
In harmonies, in suspensions,
In cadences,
In climaxes,
Expanding a piece I began in the eigth grade.
My own requiem.

My own mass for the dead.
Written for my funeral to be,
Like a bride in waiting.

Patiently waiting
For my surprise party.

So much has changed since then though.
It's almost silly to continue on with it,
But continue i do.

Kyrie eleison.
Christe eleison.

There will be a bass and a soprano,
Echoing one another.
Calling out but hearing no angels,
Just the callback of another person
Wondering the same thing.

Requiems are for the living,
Like funerals.
A way to express the beauty of life
Within a structure,
Within a design.

I doubt I will finish
Before life is finished with me.

No comments: